rename one file

Clif Smith fedora at cjs226.com
Sat Dec 27 00:22:19 UTC 2003

To overcome this on my wife's dual booted system I mount the filesystem
so that her username owns the complete filesystem.  To do so:

In /etc/fstab:
$DEVICE               $MOUNT_POINT                    $FS_TYPE
uid=$UID,gid=$GID 1 2
  - replacing:
    - $DEVICE with the actual device name
    - $MOUNT_POINT with the actual mount point
    - $FS_TYPE with the actual filesystem type
    - $UID with the actual UID of the user you want to own all files,
etc. on the filesystem
    - $GID with the actual GID of the group you want to own all files,
etc. on the filesystem
  EXAMPLE:
    /dev/hdd1               /fs1                    vfat
uid=251,gid=251     1     2

Then just mount it.  It will be remounted upon each reboot.

cjs