New Fedora Install

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sat Dec 27 07:06:40 UTC 2003

At 00:46 12/27/2003, you wrote:
> > 1>  I mistakenly told it to only install only on /hda.  So right now /hdb
> > is sitting vacant, and pretty much inaccessable.  Is there some
> > partitioning/formatting tool out there that I can use to
> > reformat/partition and then mount the harddrive?
>
>Still searching for this one...

Use parted to create the partitions, then I think mke2fs to format them.
Finally, create an empty directory like "/data" and mount a partition at
that point using "mount /dev/hdb1 /data". You can also add a line to
/etc/fstab to make it automatic; see the man pages of all these for details.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com