Help customising Fedora for my grandfather.

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 27 16:26:14 UTC 2003

It sounds like the whole idea, due to the grandfather's poor motor
skills, is to avoid unnecessary clicks or logins or mouse movements.

Officeware like OpenOffice lets you autosave documents every n minutes.
A valuable feature which some young folks I know ought to use more often.

Just walking away from a terminal after using it sounds good to me.

Another idea is to login and logout with voice commands. I don't know
how this could be accomplished. But it would be a gift from heaven for
the grandfather and many others. A text log of voice commands could be
kept for debugging.

There must be a way. People can already send voice commands to their
cell phones.

Bob

--
Bob Cochran