Lorma Linux

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 18:28:48 UTC 2003

Sponger wrote:
> Whats up with this?
>
> I just read on www.osnews.com that Lorma linux 4.0 is based off of
> Fedora Core, I know this is legal, but I didn't think it would happen!

I downoaded the distro through mozilla and saved the iso to my usb drive
that is vfat. I then burned the image to disc.

Today, I tried to install the distro and it says that it is based off of
RH9. There are no release notes. The mediacheck failed and there were
packages missing when trying to do a customized install.

At least this distro has a good base. I am not certain if this disc was
completely clean, but it does seem to be a worthwhile project.

Has anyone else attempted to install this "Fedora based distro"? Any luck?

Jim