Lorma Linux

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 19:05:52 UTC 2003

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Sponger wrote:
>
>> Whats up with this?
>>
>> I just read on www.osnews.com that Lorma linux 4.0 is based off of
>> Fedora Core, I know this is legal, but I didn't think it would happen!
>>

> I downoaded the distro through mozilla and saved the iso to my usb drive
> that is vfat. I then burned the image to disc.
>
> Today, I tried to install the distro and it says that it is based off of
> RH9. There are no release notes. The mediacheck failed and there were
> packages missing when trying to do a customized install.
>
> At least this distro has a good base. I am not certain if this disc was
> completely clean, but it does seem to be a worthwhile project.
>
> Has anyone else attempted to install this "Fedora based distro"? Any luck?
>
> Jim

There is actually a Fedora based distribution at the below link. The
disc was bad, about 200 mb short, but with a good table of contents.

gd.tuwien.ac.at/linux/lormalinux/LormaLinux4Fedora.iso

is the link. The disc is over 700 mb, but one disc (733,773,824)

Just a correction, I'm done w/ the discussion.

Jim