Lorma Linux

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 21:02:20 UTC 2003

Rodrigo Malara wrote:
> I would also thank you Jim for your valuable comments...
> I teach at a college and I want to try it out on our students lab.
>
> Regards
>
> Rodrigo Malara
>
> Em Sáb, 2003-12-27 às 12:09, Ted escreveu:

>>>Since it is Fedora continued (RH to Fedora), I dowloaded and am about to
>>>test it's installer and features.
>>>
>>>Thanks for the link. It seems to be only 1 CDROM big. I don't know if it
>>>will upgrade from Fedora. It didn't do too well with rpm upgrade or with
>>>up2date,from CDROM.
>>>
>>>Jim
>>
>>Hi Jim..
>>I have d/loaded it but not yet installed...Be interested to know
>>your thought's on it before I try it out....

I'll let you know how it goes. The new download is only getting 14k/sec
do it will be later on tonight, maybe tommorrow.

I learned something from the failed dl though. A good TOC and trunced
rpm files can be copied onto a bootable cdrom. I'll post what I think of
the distro, based on Fedora workings.

 From the RH9 CD, it seems that they include multimedia stuff. At least
RealPlayer was included on the RH9 based distro that I downloaded earlier.

This dowload is from their site and being retrieved through gftp. It is
being saved on an ext3 filesystem, instead of on a vfat USB accessed
drive. Things should work out better with using better tools.

Here is the install log from my previous attempt. It got as far as
redhat-logos, then bailed. The logos, amoung other files was trunced and
unreadable.

Installing 490 packages

Installing desktop-backgrounds-basic-2.0-16.
Installing gal-0.24-2.
Installing gimp-data-extras-1.2.0-8.
Installing gnome-mime-data-2.4.0-2.
Installing hwdata-0.100-1.