another yum error... (mis-configuration?)

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 29 03:25:04 UTC 2003

William Hooper wrote:

>Elton Woo said:
>

>>I've updated my yum.conf file to include he stable and unstable trees, and
>>now when I try to install any package ("yum install apt", for example)
>>I keep getting:
>>
>>retrygrab() failed for:
>>  http://fedora.redhat.com/stable/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info
>>  Executing failover method
>>failover: out of servers to try
>>Error getting file
>>http://fedora.redhat.com/stable/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info
>>[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>>

>Where did this URL come from?  Are you still looking for the Fedora.us
>(aka Fedora Extras) repos?
>
>http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/stable/

I dunno. <*shrug*> That is the output that I get when I run
"yum install apt", from a root console.

FWIW: Here's my yum.conf file to which I've added the last two
entries:
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=fedora-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-$releasever

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-$releasever

[updates-testing]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-$releasever

[stable]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Stable
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/stable/fedora-core-$releasever

[unstable]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unstable
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/unstable/fedora-core-$releasever

I've un-REMmed the third entry, and added the [stable] and
[unstable] entries. Do I have any errors in my file?

Thanks,

Elton.

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.