VNC and GDM...

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Mon Dec 29 14:13:36 UTC 2003

Rick,

There was a change in VNC 4 that broke configurations copied from RH9
and earlier. Check your xinetd.d files. You probably need to add the
"-securitytypes none" argument. See the end of this sample file:

[root at server2 xinetd.d]# more vnc-hires
service vnc-hires
{
         disable         = no
         socket_type     = stream
         protocol        = tcp
         wait            = no
         user            = nobody
         server          = /usr/bin/Xvnc
         server_args     = :4 -inetd -query 192.168.0.3 -geometry
1280x1024 -depth 24 -once -fp unix/:7100 -securitytypes none
}

- Mike