another yum error... (mis-configuration?)

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 29 15:07:29 UTC 2003

Elton Woo said:
> I *think* I'm beginning to follow you. And I do agree. These do not show
> when
> I use them in mozilla. I get a 404 instead. So, my mistake was simply
> copying the
> first line of yum.conf, and just *adding* "stable" and "unstable"?

Yes.

> Also, (sorry) I *ought to have mentioned this before*. I decided to add
> the extra
> two entries when I had started to get an error when running yum from the
> root
> console. Getting a bit confused now, so (if I may test your patience a
> wee bit
> more...) would you kindly give me some "dummied / newibieized"
> instructions
> on what *exactly* I should enter in those two extra entries, and / or if
> there
> is something I need to correct in the default (first three) ones?

Again, if you want the fedora.us packages:
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/stable/
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/unstable/

The only thing you would want to do with the first three lines is choose a
faster mirror (which may have been your issue to begin with).  The
archives over the last week or two cover how to do this.

--
William Hooper