Gnopernicus

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 29 18:17:11 UTC 2003

Colin Charles wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Seems to be a problem getting Assistive Technology running on Fedora
>Core 1. I did a "yum install gnopernicus", and with that gnome-speech
>was installed as a dependency.
>
>Now, with AT support, I start Gnopernicus, click Preferences, then click
>Speech. Clicking Voices further, and upon testing any voice, I don't
>hear a test voice being output.

Just a "stab in the dark" (pun NOT intended!): By default, Fedora has the volume set about 50%. Have you increased the volume to maximum? From the Main Menu: Sound and Video ---> Volume Control, or from the panel (lower right corner of your screen) you can use the volume applet.

Furthermore from the "Start Here" icon on the desktop, go to: Preferences --> Sound (the loudspeaker icon) and *enable* the following: Sound Server at Startup and System Sounds. (These are disabled by default. As an added precaution, you might also wish to verify that your external speakers are plugged into the proper sound card outlet.).

HTH & cheers,

Elton ;-)

-
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.