apache/ssl help

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Dec 29 19:43:57 UTC 2003

Keyser Soze wrote:
> I have fedora core 1 installed and have apache and horde and imp all running and it seems to work great. Now I want to change the login to be able to use ssl. I have mode_ssl and openssl installed from fedora but have no idea how to enable ssl. Can someone point me in the right direction?

What do you mean by "want the login to use ssl"?  The normal login
process doesn't use security.  I suspect you want to remote access it
via ssh, right?  In that case, simply run redhat-config-services
and enable sshd.  You need an ssh client to access it.  For Windows,
SecureCRT (commercial) or PuTTY (open source) are available.
-        Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.        -