Speaking of viruses

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Mon Dec 29 20:18:25 UTC 2003

On or about 2003-12-29 06:10, WA9ALS - John whipped out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

If you read mail on the Linux box, you might get an infected email and
forward it to someone who reads it on Windows.  So running f-prot (FREE
for home Linux users) is perhaps keeping you from passing a virus on to
someone else.

But in *my* case, I have one Linux box and 4 Windows boxes.  The *free*
f-prot scans all the SAMBA shares on the Windows boxes in the middle of
the night run by cron.   And saves me $25 per Windows machine that I
used to send to McAfee every year.   And scans all the incoming email
for the WIndows users as well.  Such a deal.

--
Fritz Whittington
Fear is the tax that conscience pays to guilt. (George Sewell)