Promise SATA

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Mon Dec 29 21:29:04 UTC 2003

I recently read on this list that the fastrack series of controllers
would be supported in kernel version 2.4.22-1.2135.  I am using an
SATA150 TX2plus. My card is recognized in Hardware Browser, however my
hard disc is not.  I cannot mount it either.  It tells me that /dev/sda2
is not a valid block device. I'm not sure if it's a deficiency in the
new(er) kernel or if I'm not doing something correctly. I'm still a
relative newbie.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne

For what it's worth, this is the second time I've installed Fedora. The
first time I compiled my own driver from source code on the Promise
site.  However they have removed the code for the non-RAID drivers,
which is the one I need.  I also put /home on a different partition to
avoid this in the future.  Thanks again.