up2date not working

Hardy Merrill h.merrill at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 30 15:30:22 UTC 2003

I've read some of the previous posts on this subject, but haven't found
the answer to my problem.  up2date was working right out of the box on
FC1, but I ran rhn_register thinking that I could use RHN to manage this
machine.  That didn't work and on the web I found a message saying that
FC1 is not supported in RHN, so now I've removed this system profile
from RHN, and now when I run up2date I get a message telling me to run
rhn_register.

I've tried changing /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources according to a related
message I found on the internet:

yum fedora-core-1
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/
yum updates-released
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/
#yum updates-testing
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/1/i386/

but that didn't help. yum seems to work ok, but is there a way for me to
reset up2date so that it will work too?

TIA.