Tripwire 2.3

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Wed Dec 31 05:10:25 UTC 2003

On or about 2003-12-29 18:13, Keith G. Robertson-Turner whipped out a
trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:04:59 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
>

>>Geffrey Velásquez [Minag] wrote:
>>

>>>Friends, how could I change the sender of the email notification of
>>>tripwire 2.3? by default is: tripwire at hostname   but it causes some
>>>problems...
>>>

>>You could tweak the MAILPROGRAM= variable in twcfg.txt to include a
>>different envelope sender by using the "-f user at domain" option.  Beyond
>>that, I think it's built into the binary.
>>

>>From the man page:
>
>"-M, --email-report
>  Specifies that reports be emailed to the recipient(s)
>  designated in the policy file."
>
>>From the policy file:
>
>"Email support is not included and must be added to this file.
>Add the 'emailto=' to the rule directive section of each rule (add a
>comma after the 'severity=' line and add an 'emailto=' and include the
>email addresses you want the violation reports to go to). Addresses are
>semi-colon delimited."
>
>Also be aware that there is a cron.daily job created during the install,
>which will send an email upon completion. This is normally to root, but
>read the cron man pages for more info.
>
>-
>Regards,
>
>Keith G. Robertson-Turner
>tripwire-devel at genesis-x.nildram.com

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but this seems to be trying to tell
the OP how to change the *recipient* of the email.  The way I read the
OP's query, it's how to change the *sender* of the mail that he's after.

--
Fritz Whittington
TI Alum - http://www.tialumni.org