RHN?? Re: apt and upgrades

Ali-Reza Anghaie ali at packetknife.com
Tue Jul 22 16:24:19 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 12:12, M A Young wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Chris Ricker wrote:
> > RHN can also be used for OS upgrades....
> >
> > up2date --upgrade-to-release=foo
>
> Though only at your own risk. I don't think RedHat provide any guarantee
> that this option will actually work (though my guess would be that
> shrike->severn probably would).

*blinks*

I thought that was a suggestion for the future. I have no idea it was
actually in Shrike... it's not documented in Shrike. Whacky.

*considers trying for the heck of it*

Although I'd be hesitant due to RPM problems I still have in Shrike. Perhaps
from 9.0.93 onwards it's worth a shot. Severn's RPM has been rock solid for
me so far.

Speaking of RHN though... will entitlements for access still be sold as such
to end users? Will non-RHEL systems be allowed part of a RHN managed
account for maintainence purposes? (Even though there is no SLA..)

-Ali

--
OpenPGP Key: 030E44E6