sound and nic problems

Jason Tesser JTesser at nbbc.edu
Sun Nov 2 03:49:34 UTC 2003

that didn't work.

-----Original Message-----
From:	fedora-list-admin at redhat.com on behalf of Dennis Calhoun
Sent:	Sat 11/1/2003 9:35 PM
To:	fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject:	Re: sound and nic problems
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 21:07:17 -0600, you wrote:

>I have a p4c800 board by Asus and I cannot get sound or the onboard nic to work.
>Linux says it detects the sound but I don't hear anything.  Sound is
>plugged in correctly as it works fine in  Linux's evil neihbor.  Any ideas?

Red Hat Linux has the sound initially set to quite a low volume. Try
increasing the volume substantially and running the sound test again.
If that doesn't work, perhaps some of the far-more-experienced people
in here can help you.

--
Dennis D. Calhoun <http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dcalhoun/>
LEARN about newsgroups at the news.newusers.questions Web site: