The more I read the confuser I get.-the answer

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Sun Nov 2 07:55:29 UTC 2003

> > And since out small business has been priced out of RHEL, there's not
> > a darn thing we can do about it. Well, there *IS* one thing we can do.
> > We've considered purchasing one copy of RHEL 3.0, stripping all of the
> > non-GPL stuff out of it, purposely never using the support option, and
> > calling it Quantum Linux.
>
> What is the difference between doing this and just using Fedora?

RHEL 3.0 is supported with errata releases for five years. Any given
fedora release does not.  If we purchase one copy of RHEL 3.0, we'll be
privy to those updates through the usual channels. Granted, the updates
are already freely available, but I consider a yearly "contribution" a
fair trade for the value I get from an OS that's supported for five years.
If we get bigger, then we'll purchase porportionally more "copies".

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.