Packaging changes with Fedora?

John Stoneham lyric at lyrically.net
Tue Nov 4 04:58:37 UTC 2003

> The Fedora Core 1 Release Notes in rawhide lists packages
> removed, added, deprecated.

Gerry,

Thanks for the link - I ran into this document earlier tonight. It doesn't
seem to list anything about any of the perl packages being removed,
repackaged, or deprecated, but they're definitely in Shrike and missing from
Severn.

The only packages in question (at least the ones that I know of) are:
perl-CGI
perl-CPAN
perl-DB_File

... which reveals this to be a very small and unimportant problem, but the
question remains - is Severn being intentionally distributed without support
for these three Perl modules?

- John