Problems with the Package System

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Nov 5 16:18:12 UTC 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Simon Schwarz wrote:

> After selecting the needed package and click on update the window with
> "blalabla need CD-ROM number 3" appears but the right CD is in the
> drive. This window comes as often I click on OK.
I am absolutely no expert here,
but I imagine this is a mismatch between the label of the CD you have
and the name of the distribution.
(and it will probably work OK once the Fedora release is out
and you have a new set of CDs, not a beta).

Can'y ou just mount the CD as normal and find the SRPM on it,
then install it by hand?

ps. on a related matter, how does one install an SRPM with yum?
With apt-get all you had to do was apt-get source...