Will there be a mailing list and web page for security updates and bug fixes?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Nov 5 21:59:34 UTC 2003

At 15:24 11/5/2003, Ben Russo wrote:
>With regards to "stability" there are two different ways to interpret
>that, stability in that it doesn't crash, and stability
>in that the compatability of the binaries and code doesn't change over time.
>As far as "crash and bug resistant" I think Fedora will be as good as
>RedHat linux was.
>But with regards to a stable code base and binary compatability over time,
>Fedora will be much less stable than
>RedHat 7.3 or 8.0 was (for example).

While I agree that this is "interpretation," to me _stability_ means it
doesn't crash and has few bugs. Binary compatibility over time is an
important issue in many ways, but if Fedora 1 never crashes and Fedora 2
never crashes, then for me it's **stable** even if it turns out that Fedora
2 apps don't run on Fedora 1. That is longevity, useful life of an app's
version, whatever... but it's not stability.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com