what cd download ?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 6 13:57:29 UTC 2003

Salvatore Basso said:
> Hello all, I ask excuse for the question banal but they are not much
> expert
> of linux, I I would want to download images ISO in order then to install
> on
> a machine that does not have some operating system.
> To the voice download they are present is files of the type
> "yarrow-SRPMS-disc1.iso"  that file of the type "yarrow-i386-disc1.iso"
> which I must downnload (my computer with intel pentium 3) ? and moreover
> they must be written to cd-rom  in some different modality ? I still ask
> excuse for the questions and thanks !.

The SRPMS discs are the source code RPMS.  The i386 discs are the ones
used for the install.

Make sure you burn them to CDs as "images".  Depending on what software
you want to use there are different ways to do it.  A good source of info
is http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/isofaq.html .

PS - That's one way to get the newer VNC version :-)

--
William Hooper