Fwd: Migration from RH 9 to Fedora

Mike Coolin mcoolin at orbitvista.com
Thu Nov 6 16:43:25 UTC 2003

After reviewing the Fedora site and this list I find that thier is no clear
migration path stated for current RH9 users.

How does one go about upgrading to Fedora from RH9?

Will my data be put at risk?

Will my applications contiue to function?

While it appears that you need to install from CD, redhat seems to have gone
out
of thier way to not inform users how they can migrate safely from RH9 to any of
the offerings of RH ES or Fedora.

Am I alone in the finding that the migration section of the redhat site is
seriously lacking in useful migration howto instructions.

Thanks Mike