MP3 support?

Ryan Zygar linux at zygar.com
Thu Nov 6 18:31:25 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 09:43, nosp wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 17:12, Paco Avila wrote:
> > How can I play MP3 files on Fedora Core 1? I need something like
> > xmms-mp3 and Rhythmbox (or GStreamer) support.

I would use .ogg format myself, if you have a bunch of mp3 files though
go here:

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/1/

Just download the mpg321 rpm and play .mp3 to your heart content with
XMMS. I haven't found how to get gstreamer support.

According to linux journal though XMMS is _our_ favorite music machine.

I cannot wait for XMMS2 with gtk2 support think it is called beep or
something?