RH9 Upgrade - No Gnome Menu

Holden McGroin holden.mcgroin at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 6 19:52:39 UTC 2003

Hi!

Stefan Dengscherz wrote:
> hello holden,
>
> how did you upgrade?

I burned the ISOs to CDs, rebooted. The installer asked if I wanted to
upgrade my existing installation. I answered yes.

I've fixed the problem now. Under Red Hat 9 I had to replace
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/default-modules.conf with
default-modules.conf.with-menu-editing to enabling editing of the GNOME
menu.

The Fedora Core 1 installer had saved the default-modules.conf to
default-modules.conf.rpmsave . I simply copied it back over and I now
have access to all my applications once more.

This is unrelated to the Ximian GNOME problem mentioned in the release
notes as I'm not using Ximian :D

Oh, and while I'm here, I'd just like to say a big thank you to
everybody who's worked on making Fedora Core 1. On my machine, it runs
much faster than Red Hat 9. I don't know why, it just does :-) So...

TTTTT H   H  AAA  N   N K   K       Y   Y  OOO  U   U   !
   T   H   H A   A NN  N K  K         Y Y  O   O U   U   !
   T   HHHHH AAAAA N N N KKK           Y   O   O U   U   !
   T   H   H A   A N  NN K  K          Y   O   O U   U
   T   H   H A   A N   N K   K         Y    OOO   UUU    !

Cheers,
Holden