Mozilla-1.5/1.6a

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 16:58:34 UTC 2003

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 18:23, Satish Balay wrote:
>

>>I have the following in my /etc/yum.conf for mozilla-1.5. However
>>using this would mean - uninstall of epiphany /other things that
>>depend on mozilla-1.4.
>

> Thanks, worked great!  Except like you mentioned, 1.5 was there but no
> 1.6a yet (maybe someone from Red Hat is the one that packages it and
> leaves it there until setup on their own servers).

Yeah, I haven't packaged it up yet.  Part of the problem is that if I
put 1.6a in that directory then people will never see an upgrade to 1.6
since 1.6a > 1.6 rpm's little mind.  I wish there was a way to tell it
that a specific version was newer than a specific previous version.
Something like:

NewerThan: 1.6a

Like Obsoletes, but with versions. :)

--Chris