Eth0 stuck in 10Mb mode

Ralf The.Bosz fedora at bosz.net
Fri Nov 7 20:41:30 UTC 2003

Hello,

> This is strange, on Fedora Core 1, mii-tool does not modify the card
> behavior for my 3c59x adapter anymore. It's stuck in 10baseT-FD mode,
> but should easily support 100BaseTx-HD (or FD, but I'd be happy with
> HD).
>
> here's the command output:
> [root at xxx /root] mii-tool --force=100baseTx-HD
> [root at xxx /root] mii-tool --restart
> restarting autonegotiation...

Why do you restart autonegotiation? You said it didn't work so you forced
the card to 100Mbit Half Duplex (why not FD while you at it). Don't use
the restart, just run mii-tool afterwards to see if it worked, and
offcourse ping your defaultgw to see if the network still works...
--
Groeten,
Ralf The.Bosz