No Full Control Install!

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 7 20:52:34 UTC 2003

David C. Hart said:
[snip]
> I hate to say this but SOMEONE "FIXED" WHAT WEREN'T BROKEN. I cannot
> fathom what POSSIBLE benefit accrues to anyone by eliminating this
> feature.

>From memory, check the fedora-test-list archives for more info:

1) increases installer memory footprint (everything has to run from the
ram drive)
2) forces you to keep two code-bases (redhat-config-packages and anaconda)
3) confusing for some people because they think "Cool, what does custom do"
4) push to using firstboot for more things because anaconda's environment
is a pain in the neck to troubleshoot issues
5) No way to get back to anaconda's way of package selection after the
initial install

--
William Hooper