ntptrace missing from the ntp package

Clifford Snow glass-art at comcast.net
Sat Nov 8 00:47:40 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 10:48, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> John is correct that the yarrow provided ntp-4.1.2-5.i386.rpm does not
> have the ntptrace program at all, only the docs for it.
>
> Where did you get the 4.2.0-2 rpm from?
It is available from rawhide.  I haven't had any problems with it and
don't know what problem caused it to be dropped from FC1. You can either
wait until the problem is resolved and they release a newer version or
upgrade to 4.2.0-2 and take a chance.

I did an upgrade rather than a fresh install.  (I did a fresh install on
the original FC1 test1)  Personally I hate doing fresh installs being
afraid that I will not get my system set up properly, which includes
security settings.  I realize that you do take somewhat of a chance
going from a beta to the final version on just an update, but hey, isn't
fedora about having the latest and greatest.

--
Clifford Snow
glass-art at comcast.net