CUPS and A4

Alex Dennis alex at nadir.org.uk
Sat Nov 8 03:41:23 UTC 2003

Hi

I think the printer configuration programme isn't linking to CUPS
properly. In printconf-gui the paper size was set automatically to A4
(which is correct for my locale) but pages were printing with the image
about an inch too high (the top of the page missing and the bottom too
far up). The problem didn't arise in OpenOffice but did with Mozilla,
Emacs and lpr on the command line.

I checked localhost:631 and the paper size /there/ was set to Letter.
Changed it to A4 and now everything's coming out fine. This didn't
happen with RH8 or RH9 on the same setup (Athlon XP self-built system
with admittedly rubbish Samsung ML-4500 laser printer).

Has this happened to anyone else using A4 paper? Might be worth
submitting to Bugzilla if so.

This is the best distribution I have ever used: Fast, up to date and
stable. Congratulations to all.

Alex