11 add-on repos (was: Freshrpms.net concerns.)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 8 20:43:13 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:07:16PM +0100, Konrad Kosmowski wrote:
> As I said - I've been using FreshRPMS with RHL 7.3, 8.0 and 9 - this
> never happened (no conflicts). And speaking of other repos - use only
> one! I mean: Fedora + AtRPMS, or Fedora + FreshRPMS

Or use 11 repos. ATrpms (for RH9, FC1 has currently only a few
available repos) activates:

    * freshrpms.net by Matthias Saou
    * NewRPMS by Rudolf (Che) Kastl
    * Dag's rpm collection by Dag Wieers
    * JPackage
    * PlanetCCRMA by Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
    * Vlugnet by Ronny Buchmann
    * GStreamer
    * NyQuist by Matthew Hall
    * KDE for Red Hat by Rex Dieter
    * kernel 2.6 test rpms by Arjan van de Ven

It is clear that under several thousands of packages there can be some
clashes. Personally I am surprised that there are only a handful of
conflicts, e.g. less than one percent.

When users find conflicts and report them I have found the different
repo maintainers to be cooperative and to fix this issue withing
hours.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de