Freshrpms.net concerns.

Paco Avila pavila at gitconsultors.com
Sat Nov 8 21:40:48 UTC 2003

El sáb, 08-11-2003 a las 20:32, Michael Schwendt escribió:

> On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 13:33:15 -0500, Jonathan C. Sitte wrote:
>
> > Is freshrpms.net working with Fedora or just creating rpms without even
> > thinking about what we have all been talking about?
>
> Wait a minute, please. There are no official packaging policies yet.
> Don't confuse the Fedora Project with fedora.us.

I think that should be a good idea follow Debian package strategy: only
one package for a program and there is only one package developer
responsible for this package. This way permits send all the programa
issues (bugs) to a person and this one can interact with the program
maintainer and send him all this bugs. In the Fedora Core (because it is
a core) can put all the programs that the people need. Because of this
there must be a Fedora Extras repository with all this packages. If some
packages have lawsuit problems, we can create another repository (Fedora
Ilegal, it's a joke) and put all this software there.

I say this because I've found many RPMs for a program (like Gimp) and
this isn't a good way to manage a project: many people doing the same
work. And is a bit confusing for the user to have too many options. I
need only one RPM that is tested with Fedora Core and with a person whom
I can contact in case of problems.

And sorry for my ugly and poor english :-)

Paco Avila Bermejo

GIT Consultors
C/ Francesc Rover, 2B
07003 Palma de Mallorca. Islas Baleares