GDM session switching

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 8 22:01:29 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 15:16, Richard E Miles wrote:
> While trying to switch sessions on a temporary basis from kde to gnome
> the session remained kde. A warning to use the desktop switcher was
> indicated to make this permanent. Has anayone else noticed this behavior?

I believe you are seeing the intended behavior.  The current situation
allows you to on-demand log into the GUI you don't normally use, but
retains your normal GUI as the default if you don't explicitly select
one until you change that default by using desktop switcher while logged
in.  The next login then is to your new default.  I wodnered about it at
first, but now like it in case I don't remember that my last login
wasn't to my normal environment.

Gerry