Freshrpms.net concerns.

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Nov 9 19:36:38 UTC 2003

On Nov  9, 2003, Maynard Kuona <knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za> wrote:

> I am sure they will try to maintain compatibility with Fedora core and
> Fedora extras.

IMHO they should think of Fedora Alternatives as well.  Extras
repositories should never replace Fedora Core components.
Alternatives are the ones that should.  Sure, keeping extras in one
repository and alternatives in another, while avoiding the extras from
depending on alternatives, may get tricky, but I'd rather not use a
repo that will force me (or at least get the RHN applet to keep
telling me) to replace a package from the Core with something else.