GStreamer compilation

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Mon Nov 10 01:36:08 UTC 2003

I am trying to compile gstreamer with support for the formats Redhat
will not support because of Patent issues. I think it would be nice if
Redhat compiled gstreamer and gstreamer-plugins with mp3 support, and
then removed the mp3 packages, usually libmad, gstreamer-mad from the
distribution. This would make it easier for people to add support for
these, as it would be a matter of just installing those two plugins to
get support, without having to recompile gstreamer all over again. Also,
the spec file could be provided with the mp3 sections commented out, so
that compiling would be easier.

I am currently trying to make rpm packages of gstreamer, and I am
getting errors when it comes to the documentation part. It seems Tetex
does not like the documentation for gstreamer. This is from the Redhat
srpm.