3rd party compatibility (was: Freshrpms.net concerns.)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 10 07:06:44 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 12:16:48AM -0500, Jerry A! wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 05:58:01AM +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
> : On 8 Nov 2003, Florin Andrei wrote:
> :
> : > On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 12:41, Marc Williams wrote:
> : > >
> : > > I *think* that ATrpms, Freshrpms, Dag, and a few others collude so as to
> : > > make these sorts of conflicts unlikely.
> : >
> : > Wouldn't it be great if all these projects will start to co-ordinate
> : > with each other somehow? To not re-invent the whell and all that...
> :
> : Well, the 4 repositories (atrpms, dag, freshrpms and newrpms) already
> : stopped creating duplicate packages and working on compatibility.
> :
> : Having one merged repository is something we plan to do, but since the
> : compatibility is there already there's no real pressure.
>
> Are there any plans to make these repositories yum enabled?

No, no such plans exist and will never be considered. don't even try
asking again!

Why? Because they already are yum enabled! :)

Here is the current default atrpms' configuration for FC1:

# You can use the file:/ entries for creating your local repository
mirrors.

# Fedora Core 1
rpm     http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386 core updates
#rpm-src http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386 core updates

# ATrpms for Fedora Core 1
# Possible sections: at-stable, at-good, at-testing, at-bleeding
rpm     http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386 at-testing
#rpm-src http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386 at-testing

# FreshRPMS for Fedora Core 1
rpm      http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386 freshrpms