Iso's newbie question

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Mon Nov 10 16:52:32 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 November 2003 07:24 am, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:

> Most CD burners offer an option to burn images.
> Using xcdroast:

Here are some "gotchas" I came across:

> Click on "Setup", then "HD settings".
> Add the directory where your isos are stored.

It wouldn't let me add this until I deleted the temp directory I already
had in there; it said it couldn't have two Temporary storage
directories on the same partition.  Pain.  I hope they remove this
limitation at some point, or create some other system for creating
CD-ROMs from ISOs.

> Click on "Save configuration", then "OK".
> Click on the "OK" button to go back to the main menu.
>
> Click on "Create CD",

Create CD hangs with an hourglass unless you put a working CD-ROM in the
default read device <frown>.  They need to fix this as well.  There's
no reason to have a working CD-ROM in the default read device, since
you're not going to read it.

> then "Write tracks".

It took me a moment to realize I had to click on "Layout tracks" as well

> Choose any one of the 3 isos and click on "Add", then
> on "Accept track layout".
> Insert a blank CD in your burner and click on "Write tracks".
>
> Repeat previous step for all 3 isos.

Thanks for finally teaching me how to make a CDROM from xcdroast
<smile>.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation