Fedora Core + KDE unstable?

Ogden, Aaron A. aogden at unocal.com
Mon Nov 10 17:31:11 UTC 2003

Message: 14
From: David Balazic <david.balazic at hermes.si>
To: "'fedora-list at redhat.com'" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject: RE: Fedora Core 1 + KDE unstable?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:53:28 +0100

> > First the good... I like the new startup screen, it's very
professional
> > looking and it hides the scary boot messages from PHBs and newbies.
> >
> That is strange, on my FC1 system I saw 2-3 pages of cryptic,
newbie-eating,
> PHB-scaring messages, before they were hidden by the gfx boot thing.

Yes I noticed that too, but at least most of the messages are hidden,
although they are still available if you want them.  (I do)  For some
reason my system is showing them all the time now, the screen that hides
the boot messages does not appear anymore.  I don't remember turning it
off, or even how I would go about turning it off...

> > p.s. before anyone starts talking about 'hardware problems', Win2k
SP4
> > is rock stable on this machine, or as stable as Windows ever gets.
No
> > overclocking.
> >
> Win2k is not a tool to determine if a PC has HW problems or not.
> CPUburn ot the other hand is ( -> http://users.ev1.net/~redelm/ )
>
> Oh, did you you try without nVidia proprietary drivers ?

I will try it without the NVidia drivers and see what happens, but it's
hard to imagine why graphics drivers would interfere with normal
move/copy file operations.  The OpenGL screensavers all work fine (and
at high speed).