Minimal installation

Andrew Lewis al at xms.co.za
Tue Nov 11 09:21:58 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 11:11, A.J. Werkman wrote:
> Have you ever tried this?? I have. Take the anaconda-ks.cfg from a machine
> that you have configured to only install basic packages. This is an option
> in the graph-install. In the text install choose custom install and
> deselect all groups. You then don't end up with a basic install!!!

Yeah I meant after here selecting individual packages and killing stuff.

But yeah, ideally some-one should modify the package groups to exclude
all the unnecessary bloat in the minimal installation.

If some-one submitted a truly minimal kickstart configuration people
could use this too. :) For until the packages are shifted out of the
basic installation set.... :)

-AL.