ACPI KERNEL 2.4.22 INCOMPATIBLE WITH KDE???

Giuseppe Cavallo atlhon at libero.it
Tue Nov 11 09:27:53 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 November 2003 18:24, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> You have to tell the kernel to load acpi right at the beginning.
>
> You must gie the following parameter to kernel: acpi=on
>
> With grub it will look like this:
> title Fedora Core (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)
>         root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ro root=LABEL=/
> hdc=ide-scsi acpi=on
>         initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.img
> Good luck, Rui

Yer I have passed acpi=on and acpi function normality, but the problem is that
when I login in Kde (with GNOME I don't proof) the system  don't shoutdown
completely but on the monitor I watch the string "Power down" and I must
shutdown the system with the power button.

--
[--Saluti Giuseppe Cavallo--]