ACPI KERNEL 2.4.22 INCOMPATIBLE WITH KDE???

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Nov 11 01:33:25 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 09:27, Giuseppe Cavallo wrote:
> Yer I have passed acpi=on and acpi function normality, but the problem is that
> when I login in Kde (with GNOME I don't proof) the system  don't shoutdown
> completely but on the monitor I watch the string "Power down" and I must
> shutdown the system with the power button.

ACPI is of a lower level that of desktops. It can't be 'compatible' with
KDE because it's not supposed to! :)

That said, if you type: shutdown
on a console, you will likely see the same problem. It may happen that
the ACPI included with your Linux does not support your laptop, though.

Are you sure acpi is loaded?
Do you have: ls -alF /proc/acpi/event
??

Rui