Fedora install exits abnormally - "received signal 15"..

Mark G. Spencer mspencer at evidentdata.com
Wed Nov 12 00:05:12 UTC 2003

> > How much RAM is in this computer? I had two computers (P/166 both) with 32
> > MB barf on FTP installs, and in each case increasing RAM to 64 MB made the
> > FTP install proceed normally.
>
> This Sony PCG-505G has 32mb ram .. very interesting!  Perhaps 64mb is the minimum for FTP install of Fedora?

Following up on this last post .. when I alt-ctrl-F4 I get the following:

<4>VFS: Can't find ext2 filesystem on dev loop(7,0)
<3>Out of Memory: Killed process 12 (loader).

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether these two items are connected or not.  I'm assuming out of memory means RAM?  If that is the case I think I'll give up on this particular laptop and find a newer one.  Strangely enough though, Mandrake 9.2 installed on this clunker.

Mark