OT: CrossPlatform email client?

George george at yanos.com
Wed Nov 12 01:41:10 UTC 2003

I have a friend who actually uses a Java mail client, Polarbar, on a
Windows machine in his office, on an OS/2 machine he thinks of as his
"home", and on linux booted on the home machine now and then and on a
machine in the personal part of his office. http://www.polarbar.org

It has an interesting commercial history but that is just that,
history, it is now user supported freeware.

I'd still be using it if my first 10 years of e-mail were not done on
a 3270, spoiling me for anything other than an honest non-graphic
interface.
* George Yanos     *                                                *
* UTC at UIC       *                                                *
* 312-413-0059(w)  *                                                *
* 708-848-4221(h)  *                                                *
* gyanos at uic.edu   *                                                *