Minimal installation

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Nov 12 17:16:12 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 06:04:10PM +0100, A.J. Werkman wrote:
> I will try this. Have already spend some time in figuring out the structure
> of the comps-file.
>
> The thing I don't know is what are the entry points that anaconda uses in
> the comps-file. To what group definition does anaconda point to, if you
> don't select any packages for instance.
>
> Koos.

I don't know all of the details of the comps.xml, but I know some:
- the group "core" is always installed, along with all packages marked
  "mandatory"
- all groups marked with <default>true</default> are selected by default
  but it they also have  <uservisible>true</uservisible> you can see
  them and unselect them
  This adds a lot of unnecessary packages that cannot be disabled from
  anaconda (but can be disabled in a kickstart file), e.g. the group
  "dialup" is selected by default, but uservisible is set to false.
- groups related to the installed languages are also installed
  (e.g. look for dutch-support in comps.xml)

There is also a section <grouphierarchy> which determines where all the
groups show up.

David Jansen