development channel (ex rawhide) and up2date

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Thu Nov 13 04:16:14 UTC 2003

ne... wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2003 at 20:29, lars in a soothing rage wrote:
>

>>hello
>>im trying to update core 1 with the development channel via up2date i get the
>>message below.
>>i tried different package selection-combos but still havn't managed it.
>
> Try leaving out all the rpm, python and bind-utils rpms.
>
> N.Emile...

I tried the devel rpms myself on two systems. The Python related rpms
and rhnlibs killed up2date. I backed down on all but my ximian
mongrolized setup.
It is running xd-unstable also.
If you are going to try out the devel rpms. Keep a copy of the programs
that you upgraded. The information brought back to "life", both of the
machines that I use Fedora on.

Jim
--
Your depth of comprehension may tend to make you lax in worldly ways.