Palm Sync with Evolution

Pankaj Jain pjain001 at covad.net
Thu Nov 13 04:33:41 UTC 2003

> Has anyone gotten this to work?  I've gotten my Palm setup using
> gpilotd-control-applet, but I have no idea how to actually make
> anything sync.  Specifically I would like to share data between
> evolution and my palm.  I cannot find working documentation on any of
> this (that isn't out of date).

> Anyone?

> ~ Matthew

Matthew,
There's actually quite a few tidbits out there on synching the palm with
evolution.  Make sure you install the gnome-pilot package.  This should
have the conduits if I remember correctly.  Once the conduits are
installed, start up evolution, go to Tools and then click on Pilot
Settings.  here you can setup the palm ( the newer USB palms should have
the device set to /dev/ttyUSB0 ).  Make sure you chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB0
and /dev/ttyUSB1 if you're synching as a normal user and not root.

I got my Tungsten synching at home and work but the problem I found
synching on two machines was duplication of my addresses and calendar.
I opened up a bug report but since then I have other weird problems on
my work PC.  As soon as I plug the palm in and hit the hotsync button,
my PC freezes up and the CAPS Lock and Num Lock lights start flashing.
Only a hard reboot works.  I haven't spent any time trying to fix it.

Pankaj