I have a problem with sound

Dark Elf anindya_kumar_biswas at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 05:17:07 UTC 2003

I am not sure if this isthe righe mailing list to
email this sort of problem but I cant make my sound
card to work. it's an AD 1980 that is built into my
main board. Previously i could compile alsa and make
it to work. Now i get an error while compiling it

serialmidi.c: In function `open_tty':
serialmidi.c:164: error: invalid operands to binary >
make[1]: *** [serialmidi.o] Error 1

What do i do. Fredora does detect my sound card. but
does nothing there is no sound coming out. and now
that even alsa does not compile i cant think of
anything else to make it work.

anindya

=====