Dell Precision M60 LapTop (Built-in Wireless) support

Lewt @ Linux Warcry lewt at warcry.com
Thu Nov 13 11:56:28 UTC 2003

That's about the stupidest way you can go man.  If you use Linuxant's
drivers they will have proof that people are wanting support for these
chips and gives them ammo to convince broadcom who made your chip to
finally release Linux drivers.  Just sitting around thinking someone's
going to port them is just wishful thinking.  Same as using WineX shows
game developers that people want to play their games on Linux and gets
them thinking about supporting Linux in their next title or porting some
of their games or outsourcing some other company to port it for them.

FYI all of cisco's 54g chips IIRC are from broadcom so you'll find no
luck there.  And I'll doubt you'll be happy in the 802.11b world.