Proxy Problems

Rodolfo Canet-Castello rcanet at ivia.es
Thu Nov 13 14:36:01 UTC 2003

Stefan Lehmann escribió:
> Hi Folks,
>
> i just installed fedora1 on my machine at work. It seems to be working
> well, but when it comes to setting up
> the network i got in trouble. We have a proxy-server for accessing
> webservices like http, https & ftp and
> when i configure Mozilla with the right values it works really fine. But
> when i try other Gnome-programs like
> gftp or up2date they couldnt connect to anywhere. The
> Gnome-Proxy-Setting are correct, too. Any ideas?
>
> greetings ... Stefan Lehmann
>

> --

Fire up a terminal and write export http_proxy=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port
(your proxy)
export ftp_proxy=(the same)

and check if it works. If it does, modify your /etc/profile accordingly.
I've had some success that way...

  Dr. Rodolfo Canet-Castello           (Linux user #172687)
  Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias (IVIA)
  Dpto. Recursos Naturales
  Aptdo. oficial. 46113-Moncada (Valencia). ESPAÑA-SPAIN.
  Phone: 34-963424091       Fax: 34-963424001
  Web page: http://www.ivia.es
  Web page of Spanish Group of Soil Enzymology:
  http://www.ivia.es/soilenzymology/
  Please avoid using proprietary-format files (doc, xls, ppt)
  Open-format files (OpenOffice.org, pdf, etc.) are welcome!