audacity and wxGTK-2.4.2

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Nov 13 18:03:29 UTC 2003

Juan Gabriel Florez wrote :

> The audacity that I compiled correctly used wxGTK-2.4.1 and
> wxGTK-devel-2.4.1.
> then I updated these versions to wxGTK-2.4.2 and wxGTK-devel-2.4.2 and
> that is when it stopped working.

Well, I've just updated my audacity package (the last one I had built was
for RHL 7.3 it seems! ;-)), and it seems to work fine and includes support
for mp3, ogg/vorbis and flac files as well as all the default formats. It
was compiled against my wxGTK 2.4.2 package, which uses gtk2.

You can grab it, as well as all its dependencies, from here :
http://yarrow.freshrpms.net/

Or through the usual "apt-get update && apt-get install audacity" or "yum
install audacity" if your dependency tool points to freshrpms.net.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
Load : 1.64 1.67 1.65